Licensed Professional Counselor
We are searching for unbiased Licensed Professional Counselors to lead counseling and psychotherapy interventions. The Licensed Professional Counselor would have experience scheduling and conducting intake assessments, developing client treatment needs, and then devise contextually culturally sensitive treatment options.
- Marketing and promoting the practice and individual niche and approach to working with clients
- Informing prospective clients about pertinent business polices, informed consent for treatment, and pertinent financial and emotional commitments
- Utilizing clinical language to Write evidenced-based clinical progress/treatment notes in a timely manner
- Develop tailor-made treatment plans and adapt these, as needed
- Utilize counseling and psychotherapy to evaluate and treat emotional and mental problems and conditions, whether cognitive, behavioral, or affective.
- Assess need and make decisions regarding the delivery of the appropriate individual, group, and family counseling.
- Analyze and interpret situations and take necessary actions to provide crisis intervention.
- Report to Clinical Director any unusual incidents that should be brought to the attention of the director
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, and goals of Illumination Counseling and Coaching LLC
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Experienced and comfortable with providing therapy virtually via video.
- Attend bi-weekly and Month staff meetings
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social work, or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Proven Experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor
- Registered and able to practice in the State of GA
- Excellent written, verbal, and organization skills
- Committed to delivering culturally congruent treatment
- For Associate Professional Counselors (at least 2 years of work experience)
ICC is seeking a Counseling/Mental Health Intern interested in learning all aspects of the counseling/mental health field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom and will be ready to enter any mental health agency or counseling practice with excellent skills. The Counseling/Mental Health Intern will gain practical work experience in counseling, behavioral health, mental health, and private practice administration. This intern position supports the promotion of individual growth in the clients of ICC. They should have strong communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate-level student.
- Flexible hours Monday through Saturday
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare for client sessions including reading case notes and any other specific research and evaluation of client problems.
- Communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents.
- Communicate orally, both in person and by telephone
- Present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to students and staff
- Receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding.
- Provide services virtually.
- Currently enrolled in a CAREP accredited counseling program and have completed the prerequisite courses to start a practicum/internship.
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 (3.5 preferred).
- Possess excellent computer skills, organizational skills, and an openness to learn.